Red Cabbage & Apple Salad
- 1 red cabbage (about 800g), sliced thinly, discard the stalk
- 1 red apple with the skin on sliced thinly, (I recommend using jazz apples)
- 100g pitted dates, Medjool sliced
- 150g radishes sliced into matchstick pieces
- 50g pecan halves broken into halves again
- 2 large handfuls of dill finely chopped
honey mustard dressing
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, light & mild or rapeseed
- 3 tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey mustard (I recommend using the brand Maille)
- 200g feta cheese (I recommend Manouri goat's milk cheese)
- In a large mixing bowl add the thinly sliced red cabbage, apple, radish, dates, dill, pecans and toss together. Season lightly with herbamare or sea salt, and cracked black pepper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the ingredients for the honey mustard dressing - olive or rapeseed oil, honey, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey mustard and herbamre or sea salt. Mix together and check for seasonings.
- Pour over the salad and mix until combined, (just for reference, you can make this salad in advance, cover and chill and dress the salad 1 hour before serving).
- Just before you’re ready to serve garnish with a few sprigs of fresh dill and goats cheese if required.
- I do hope that you will give this recipe a go and, if you do, then please don’t forget to share photos of your creations with me – either via email email@example.com OR on Instagram where you can find me @myrelationshipwithfood and use #myrelationshipwithfood - I would love to see them!