Roasted Sweetcorn and Halloumi Salad
- 4 large corn on the cob sliced off the kernals
- 300 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 avocadoes cubed
- 2 1/2 tbsp. olive oil or oil from the sun-dried tomato jar
- 250 g Halloumi cheese sliced into 12 slices
- 4-6 sun-blushed tomatoes in oil sliced
- 1 tbsp. honey or agave
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F, gas mark 7, 220°C (200°C fan-assisted).
- Slice the corn kernels off the cob using a serrated knife and place on a baking tray lined with My Relationship with Food silicon baking mat or parchment paper. Then add 2 tbsp. of the oil from a jar of sundried tomato (you can use olive oil, but I like the flavour the sun dried tomato gives) and black pepper and put in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Take the halloumi and cut into 12 slices, then heat a non-stick frying or griddle pan over the hob and place the halloumi slices in the pan, cooking each side until lightly browned, using a fork to turn the slices over. Place on a plate, sprinkle with chilli flakes and drizzle with the honey, set that aside to cool. Once cooled, cut into cubes.
- Check on the sweetcorn after 15 minutes and just give it a quick stir and lay it flat.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, cutting through the width of the tomato.
- Cut the avocado in half then twist it to take it away from the stone, remove the stone and cut into the avocado horizontally and vertically then scoop out the cubes from the skin.
- Once the sweetcorn is roasted, remove it from the oven and leave to cool.
- To serve, put the roasted sweetcorn, halloumi on a large serving platter and mix together, then scatter the tomatoes, avocadoes and sun blushed tomatoes on top and season with salt and black pepper and a drizzle of sun blushed tomato oil.
- If you make this recipe, don't forget to take a picture and share it with me - I would LOVE to see! Tag @myrelationshipwithfood and #myrelationshipwithfood or email the image to firstname.lastname@example.org