Baked Blueberry Oatbran
Sometimes breakfast options need variation, and I love nothing more than baked oatbran in the colder months. Baked oats have a cake like texture, so it’s like having a treat at breakfast time – it’s great for little ones too! Oatbran is a great alternative to porridge oats, its higher in fibre, helps lower cholesterol and aids in weight loss.
- 200 g oatbran (alternatively you can use porridge oats)
- 500ml milk of your choice
- 1 apple grated
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla pod (deseeded)
- 3 tbsp agave, maple syrup, honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- 150 g blueberries (frozen or fresh, my personal preference is frozen)
- 1 tbsp agave, maple syrup, honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- nut butter, syrup or sweetener of your choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F, gas mark 6, 220°C (200°C fan-assisted).
- In a small mixing bowl add the blueberries together with 1 tbsp. agave and leave to sit.
- In a mixing bowl add the oatbran or(porridge oats), milk, grated apple, vanilla and agave (or your choice of sweetener) and mix together.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish measuring 8x4 inches.
- Then carefully top with the blueberry mixture and bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- I love to serve mine with a drizzle of nut or seed butter. If you feel you need a touch more sweetness you can add a drizzle of your favourite sweetener.
- If you make this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so please either send me a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag@myrelationshipwithfood
LISA’S TIP – The beauty of this dish is once it’s made, you can section off a portion and reheat in the oven whilst you go along your morning chores or workout and hey ho, breakfast is served without any fuss. If you would like to can add some nuts with the blueberry mixture, pecans or almonds would be a nice option.