Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts
- 500 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g whole chestnuts (vacuum packed – I like MerchantGourmet)
- sea salt, pink Himalayan salt or Herbamare
- cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F, gas mark 6, 200°C (180°Cfan-assisted) and line a large baking tray with parchmentpaper, or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the halved sprouts onto the tray,drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt (or Herbamare) and pepper thentoss well to ensure everything is thoroughly coated and evenly spread acrossthe tray. Bake for 20 minutes, giving everything a stir after 10 minutes toensure even roasting.
- Remove the tray from the oven, add scatter overthe chestnuts, making sure they are evenly spread out. Return the tray to theoven and continue to roast until the sprouts are tender and are starting to gogolden brown – this should take around 15 to 20 minutes.
- When making thisrecipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so either send me a photo to email@example.com or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood