Grain Free Pecan Pie
- 70 g ground almonds
- 70 g chestnut flour (if you cant find chestnut flour you can use ground almonds or almond flour)
- 85 g organic coconut flour I recommend The Groovy Food Company
- 140 g organic virgin coconut oil I recommend The Groovy Food Company
- pinch sea salt
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 110 g organic virgin coconut oil I recommend The Groovy Food Company
- 110 g organic agave nectar light amber & mild (I recommend The Groovy Food Company)
- 200 g organic coconut sugar I recommend The Groovy Food Company
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla pod deseeded.
- 100 g pecan halves
- dairy free cream or banana ice cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F, gas mark 4, 180°C (160°C fan-assisted). You will need a non-stick 9inch loose bottom tart tin.
- Place all the flours in a mixing bowl together with sea salt and coconut oil using your hands form into a ball. Once the ball is formed, place into the base of your tart tin and smooth out on the base and up the sides so it’s even all around. Then refrigerate the pastry case for 30 minutes until hard.
- To roast the pecans, place in the oven for 10-12 minutes on a baking mat, stirring a few times so they don’t burn, until they are light brown and fragrant. Set aside and let them cool.
- In a medium sized saucepan melt the coconut oil, agave syrup and coconut sugar until smooth and soft. Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Then ad the beaten eggs to the mixture and stir well.
- Remove the pasty case from the fridge, pour in the melted mixture and decorate with the pecan halves flat side down.
- Place into the pre-heated oven and back for 45-50 minutes. Check on the pie after 35 minutes as you may want to add a sheet of foil over the pie to prevent the crust and nuts from burning.
- The mixture will rise in the oven, but don’t be alarmed, once out of the oven it will return to its natural shape.
- Serve with dairy free cream or banana ice cream.
- When making thisrecipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so either send me a photo to email@example.com or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood