White Bean & Spinach Frittata
An ideal, grain-free, high protein, fulfilling meal or snack on the go. Perfect for early morning brunch or packed into Tupperware for later; this frittata is packed plentiful of fiber, antioxidants and more. Plus, it’s super tasty!
- 12 eggs, large
- 80 g parmesan, grated
- 400 g canellini beans, drianed and rinsed (jarred is my personal preference)
- 450g spinach, frozen
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- herbamre or sea salt
- white pepper
- 20 g parmesan, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F, gas mark 6, 200°C (180°C fan-assisted). Line the base and sides of a square 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs together and season with sea salt and white pepper.
- In a frying pan, sauté the shallots until soft and translucent. Then add the frozen spinach and cook until defrosted. Add the beans and season with sea salt and white pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Then leave to cool for a further 5 minutes and add to the egg mixture. Add the parmesan to the mixture and combine.
- Then pour into a 9x9 inch baking dish and sprinkle the extra 20g parmesan for garnish on top then place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked take it out of the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- When making this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so either send me a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood
LISA’S TIP - This dish is full of goodness, not to mention, extremely high in protein from the eggs and the white beans. Full of antioxidants, fiber and spinach that has a rich source of vitamins and minerals. This dish is delicious served with a leafy green salad and sundried tomatoes.