Grain Free Blueberry Pancakes
A large dollop of Cashew Butter to top these pancakes off and I am sorted! Great post workout or for a healthy breakfast
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp. organic coconut flour
- 1 large banana mashed
- 200 g blueberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla pod deseeded
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- oil spray
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g blueberries
- agave nectar, honey or maple syrup
- cashew butter (optional)
- Put all the ingredients except for the blueberries into a bowl and blend together with a hand stick blender. Once blended add the blueberries to the pancake mixture and stir in by hand.
- Spray you pancake or non-stick frying pan with the oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, take ¾ ladle of the pancake mixture and pour into the pancake pan.
- Cook until golden brown on the underside (approx. 1 minute), then flip over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 30 seconds).
- Once you’ve cooked all 9 pancakes, stack them back on top of each other in a set of 3 to warm through in the hot pan and flip over to warm the other side.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of cashew butter, blueberries and syrup.
- If you make this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on - so either send me a photo to email@example.com or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood
LISA’S TIP - After you have poured in the pancake mixture, shake the pan gentle to ensure the mixture is evenly spread. It’s hard to believe that you don’t need flour, milk or refined sugar to create a lovely, light and kid-approved pancake. Although delightful, don’t be expecting your run-of-the-mill carb-filled pancake. These have more of an eggy crepe-like texture, which is equally appealing. If you’re used to eating clean healthy foods, you will more than likely LOVE these. Low-carb, high-protein, gluten-free and wheat-free.... what’s not to love? Not only do they make a quick and easy breakfast, but they’re also the perfect pre-or post-workout fuel, you can even add your favourite protein powder.