Roasted Summer Berries
Simplistic berrylicious way to cook berries, perfect if you’ve just made a visit to your local pick your own!
- 400 g strawberries
- 150 g blackberries
- 150 g raspberries
- 2 inch bananas ripe cut into ½cubes
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla pod deseeded or 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F, gas mark 7, 220°C (200°C fan-assisted).
- Rinse the berries, and place on kitchen paper to dry. Place the berries and banana pieces in an oven proof casserole dish. Sprinkle over the coconut sugar and stir in the vanilla bean.
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, take out of the oven and leave to cool, whilst cooling the juice will turn into a thick syrup consistency.
- Serve with ice cream, yogurt or whatever your heart desires.
LISA’S TIP – As soon as you get fresh berries into your home, roast them off as described above, keeps for 2-3 days in the fridge in a kilner jar. If you’re anything like me…and always on the lookout for healthy breakfast ideas, this is the perfect summer berry compote which can be served either on porridge, yogurt or pancakes. This is also delicious way to serve as a dessert over ice cream or topped over panna cotta, a smooth custard-like dessert!