Roasted Pears with Walnuts & Blue Cheese
- 4 in conference pears cuthalf lengthways (remove core)
- 4 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 40 g walnuts pieces
- cinnamon sprinkle
- 20 g rocket
- 150 g beetroot cooked (steamed), cut into 4 pieces
- 100 g blue cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt or herbamare
- cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F, gas mark 4, 180°C (150°C fan-assisted).
- Pre-line a baking tray with a My Relationship with Food silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Slice pears in half lengthwise and remove cores from pears to create a hole for filling using a teaspoon. Place pears, hole side up on the baking tray and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Divide the walnuts amongst the holes and drizzle the honey over the walnuts. Place in the pre-heated oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pears from the oven and leave to cool. When you are ready to serve, using a large serving platter, scatter the rocket on the base of the plater, then layer up the salad by carefully alternating with the pears, crumbled blue cheese and beetroot. Drizzle any excess honey from the baking tray over the salad together with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season lightly with cracked black pepper and sea salt.