Pulled Shoulder of Lamb Quinoa, Broad Bean & Dill
- 1.7 - 2 kg lamb shoulder (or leg) (on the bone)
- 250 ml cold water (if the cooking liquor reduces add extra 50-100ml
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- white pepper
- garlic granules
- sea salt or herbamre
Quinoa Broad Bean & Dill
- 250 g quinoa rinsed
- 200 g broad beans frozen
- 4 tbsp dried dill
- 400 ml cold water
- 2 tbsp ½olive oil
- sea salt or herbamare
- Pre-heat the oven to 250°F, gas mark 1/2, 140°C (120°C fan-assisted).
- In a large non-stick frying pan seal the lamb on all sides until browned and crispy, this process can take about 10 minutes, keep moving the lamb over after every 2 minutes.
- When the lamb is sealed and browned, leave to cool then season generously on all sides with white pepper, garlic granules, sea salt or herbamare, ground cumin and paprika. Place the lamb into a roasting tray or casserole dish, pour the water around the dish. The cover with foil and place in the pre-heated oven for 5 1/2 hours, basting with the lamb juice every hour and turning it over.
- After 5 1/2 hours, remove the lamb from the oven and skim the thin film of fat from the cooking juices. Lift out the lamb and place on a large wooden chopping board, cover the meat with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Pull the meat from the bones with a fork and shred, place back in the roasting pan and drizzle with the aromatic cooking juices , approx. 150ml of cooking juices Mix throughly into the lamb. Increase the oven temperature 425°F, gas mark 7, 220°C (200°C fan-assisted). Place back uncovered in the oven to crisp the pulled lamb for 25-30 minutes.
- To make the brand bean quinoa. rinse the quinoa through a fine sieve and place into a saucepan together with the broad beans and 4 tablespoons of dried dill. Add the water to the pan mix all together well and bring to the boil. Then cover with a lid, reduce and simmer on a low light for 20 minutes.
- When the quinoa is cooked remove from stove and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Then gently fluff with a fork place into a large mixing bowl and season with sea salt or herbamare and drizzle with olive oil.
- To serve, place the quinoa with broad beans on a large serving platter, then top with the pulled shoulder of lamb, serving with a generous serving of tahini.