Grain Free Apple & Blackberry Crumble
- 6 apples pink lady or braeburn, peeled, cored and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 300 g blackberries fresh or frozen
- 2 ½ tbsp organic coconut sugar I recommend Groovy Food Company
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 ml water
- cinnamon sprinkle
- ½ vanilla pod de-seeded
- 160 g pecans
- 40 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50 g organic coconut sugar I recommend Groovy Food Company
- 1 tbsp organic coconut flour I recommend Groovy Food Company
- 1½ tbsp organic virgin coconut oil, melted I recommend Groovy Food Company
- sea salt
- banana ice cream or coconut yoghurt.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F, gas mark 5, 190°C (170°C fan-assisted).
- In a medium sized saucepan add the apples with 2 tbsp. coconut sugar, lemon juice, water and vanilla pod. Bring to a boil then allow to simmer for 10 minutes until the apples are fork tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow the apples to sit whilst you make the crumble.
- To make the crumble, place the pecans and desiccated coconut in a food processor fitted with an S blade. Process until a crumbly texture is formed, then add the cinnamon, coconut sugar, coconut flour and sea salt and process again until a crumbly delicate mixture is formed then add the melted coconut oil and process until combined.
- Pour the liquid from the apples into a measuring jug, place the cooked apples into a 9inch square baking dish with 100ml of the liquid from the cooking apples sprinkle with a touch of cinnamon and ½ tbsp. coconut sugar. Scatter over the blackberries, then sprinkle the crumble evenly over the top. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is lightly golden then serve warm.
- Delicious served with banana ice-cream or a dollop of coconut yoghurt.
- If you make this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on - so either send me a photo to email@example.com or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood