Plantain Pancakes with Nigella Seeds
- 6 large eggs
- 1 plantain ripe (yellow/black), peeled
- 1 tbsp. nigella seeds optional
- 2 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- sea salt
- smoked salmon
- Cut the peeled plantain into large chunks then blend, or mash using the back of a fork, until smooth.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl, beat until thoroughly combined and then stir it into the blended plantain together with the nigella seeds (optional) and sea salt and mix again.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and coat it lightly with some of the rapeseed oil. Using a soup ladle, pour 1/6th of the batter mixture into the hot pan, swirling it around to ensure the pan is evenly coated. Once bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake, use a spatula (or fish slice) to carefully lift the pancake up and flip it over, then cook for a further minute until the bottom has turned a light golden colour.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and repeat the process with the remaining batter, coating the pan with a little more of the oil in between each.
- Serve with your choice of filling.
- When making this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so either send me a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood