Grain Free Coconut & Courgette Loaf
Grain free, high protein, nutritious loaf, with a hint of coconut.
- 1 courgette grated
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 150 ml maple syrup or agave nectar (rich & dark or light & mild)
- 100 g coconut flour
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- to taste sea salt
pecan crumble topping (this is optional or you can use 20g 4 seed mix if you want to keep it nut free)
- 60 g pecans roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar (rich & dark or light & mild)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F, gas mark 3, 170°C (150°C fan-assisted).
- In a food processor, or by hand, beat the eggs until smooth and add the maple syrup or agave nectar and blend. Then add the coconut flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and sea salt and blend together, then add the grated courgette and blend into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 2lb loaf tin, pre-lined with baking parchment or cake tin liner and smooth out the mixture until level.
- If you want to keep this loaf nut free, you can top with 20g 4 seed mix or make the crumble topping if you prefer.
- To make the crumble topping in a mixing bowl and the coconut oil, coconut flour, maple syrup of agave nectar, cinnamon and 2 pinches of sea salt, mix well then fold in the chopped pecans, pour the topping over the mixture and bake in a pre-heated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven, take it out of the tin and place it on a wire rack to cool.
- If you make this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on - so either send me a photo to email@example.com or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood
LISA’S TIP This coconut & courgette loaf can be served either as an accompaniment to a sweet mealtime or savoury. Don’t be put off by the courgette in thinking this can only be served as a savoury dish, it’s delicious with jam, honey or nut butters. It is light, incredibly moist and great served with a wholesome soup or with smashed avocado, eggs and chili oil. You can also place it in the toaster, for that added crunch! I also love to add pan-fried halloumi on smashed avocado and a drizzle of honey!