Date & Pecan Bread
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 150 g agave nectar, rich & dark or maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or seeds from 1 whole vanilla pod
- 60 g coconut flour (I recommend The Groovy Food Company)
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g flaxseeds (I recommend Linwoods)
- 40 g pecans, chopped into small pieces
- 150 g Medjool dates, stones removed and sliced
- 2 pinches sea salt
- nut or seed butter
- sugar free jam
- avocado with sea salt and chilli flakes
- Pre-heatthe oven to 325°F, gas mark 3, 170°C (150°C fan-assisted) and line a 2lb non-stick loaf tin with a cake liner.
- In a large bowl, combinethe beaten eggs and agave nectar and mix well, then add the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and cinnamon and stir again. Add the sea salt and vanilla bean paste (or seeds) and continue to mix before adding the sunflower seeds, flaxseeds and coconut flour, stirring gently. Finally, fold in the pecans andd dates until just combined.
- Pourthe mixture into the prepared loaf tin, levelling the surface with the back of a spoon and then bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes.
- Leave the bread in the tin for 15 minutes and then remove and place onto a cooling rack to cool thoroughly.
- When making this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so either send me a photo to email@example.com or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood