Roasted Cauliflower, Date & Nut Salad
- 1 Extra large or 2 medium cauliflower heads cut into florets then halved, approx.800g
- 2 red onions don’t cut the ends off, cut into quarters (remove outer onion skin layer)
- 60 g whole almonds with skins, chopped
- 60 g pistachio chopped
- 150 g medjool dates sliced
- 80 g sun dried tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp oil from sun dried tomato jar or olive oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- herbamare or sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- coriander or lamb’s lettuce
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F, gas mark 7, 220°C (200°C fan-assisted).
- Pre-line your baking tray with a My Relationship with Food silicon baking mat or parchment paper. Place the onions on one side of the tray and the cauliflower florets on the other side.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp. olive oil over the cauliflower and 1 tbsp. olive oil over the onions then season the cauliflower with paprika, herbamare and cracked black pepper and the onions with herbamare or sea salt and cracked black pepper and massage both the onions and cauliflower.
- Place the baking tray in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, turning the cauliflower over after 15 minutes to prevent from burning. After 30 minutes remove the tray from the oven and take off the roasted onions and set aside to cool.
- Turn over the cauliflower florets and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Whilst the cauliflower is roasting in the oven, roughly chop the almonds and pistachio and put them in a large mixing bowl. Add in the chopped dates and sun-dried tomato and combine. Add in 2 tbsp. oil from the sun-dried tomato jar or olive oil and season lightly with herbamare or sea salt and black pepper and leave to marinate.
- Once the cauliflower is roasted, take out of the oven and leave to cool.
- When ready to serve, on a large serving platter place a layer of the cauliflower, with a couple of red onion wedges, scatter some of the nut mixture, then repeat with the cauliflower and onions, and nuts. I suggest doing 4 layers so you get even distribution of everything.
- Garnish with coriander or lamb’s lettuce and serve with tahini on the side!