Raspberry Chia Seed Spread
- 400 g raspberries, fresh or frozen (alternatively blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- 100 ml rice malt or maple syrup, agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. vanilla pod, deseeded or vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp. cold water
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- Into a small saucepan tip the raspberries and add the syrup (or agave nectar or honey) followed by the lemon juice, vanilla pod seeds and water and mix well. Place the pan over a medium heat and bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Tip in the chia seeds into the fruit mixture, mix well and then set the pan aside to cool thoroughly – the mixture will thicken as it cools as the chia seeds start to absorb the liquid from the fruit.
- Once thoroughly cooled, pour the mixture into the sterilized kilner jar (or other type of lidded jar/container) and refrigerate overnight to allow the mixture to set.
- The jam will last in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.
- When making this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so either send me a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood