Grain-Free Chocolate Coconut Banana Pancakes
The addition of serving with melted chocolate is well worth the indulgence.
- 3 tbsp organic coconut flour I recommend The Groovy Food Company
- 1 large banana mashed
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla pod deseeded
- 2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil melted (I recommend The Groovy Food Company)
- pinch salt
- 2 bananas sliced
- 2 handfuls raw coconut chips toasted
- 50 g dark chocolate shavings
- organic agave nectar light amber & mild (I recommend The Groovy Food Company)
- Put all the ingredients except for the coconut oil into a bowl and blend together with a hand stick blender.
- Melt the coconut oil on a gentle heat and put into a separate bowl.
- Heat your pancake or frying pan over a medium heat and take a square of kitchen roll, dab it into the oil and then wipe your pancake or frying pan with the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, take ¾ ladle of the pancake mixture and pour into the pancake pan.
- Cook until golden brown on the underside (approx. 1 minute), then flip over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 30 seconds).
- Once you’ve cooked all 6 pancakes, stack them back on top of each other in a set of 3 to warm through in the hot pan and flip over to warm the other side.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of agave nectar, sliced bananas, toasted coconut chips and chocolate shavings on top.
LISA’S TIP - After you have poured in the pancake mixture, shake the pan gentle to ensure the mixture is evenly spread. It’s hard to believe that you don’t need flour, milk or refined sugar to create a lovely, light and kid-approved pancake. Although delightful, don’t be expecting your run-of-the-mill carb-filled pancake. These have more of an eggy crepe-like texture, which is equally appealing. If you’re used to eating clean healthy foods, you will more than likely LOVE these. Low-calorie, high-protein, gluten-free and wheat-free.... what’s not to love? Not only do they make a quick and easy breakfast, but they’re also the perfect pre or post-workout fuel, you can even add your favourite protein powder.