Grain-Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dairy-free, grain-free, light, chewy cookies, melt in the mouth and hopefully not in the hand!
- 2 eggs large, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla pod extract the vanilla seeds from the pod
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 120 ml coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp agave nectar light & mild
- 6 tbsp almond butter
- 70 g coconut flour
- 80 g coconut sugar
- 70 g dark chocolate chips dairy free
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F, gas mark 4, 180°C (160°C fan-assisted).
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Beat your eggs in a large mixing bowl then add the vanilla bean paste, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix together. Mix in the coconut oil into the egg mixture and then add in the agave nectar and the almond butter and combine until smooth. Add the coconut sugar and gradually add in the coconut flour and sea salt, stirring the mixture with a spoon.
- Fill a piping bag with the mixture and slowly squeeze the mixture 2.5cm in diameter onto the baking trays and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Once baked, take them out of the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes to settle then remove to a wire rack to cool.
LISA’S TIP - These cookies are soft when first out the oven and last up to 5 days after baking, they will harden up after a few days, so if you prefer a crunch in your cookie, make it a day or two in advance.