Candied Walnut Crusted Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets with skin on
- 60 g walnuts roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. chili flakes
- to taste cracked black pepper
- to taste sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F, gas mark 6, 200°C (180°C fan-assisted). Line a baking tray with a ‘My Relationship with Food’ silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Wash and pat dry the salmon fillets and set aside. Then roughly chop the walnuts and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the maple syrup, mustard and apple cider vinegar. Add in the walnuts and combine together.
- Transfer the salmon to a tray pre-lined tray. Season the salmon with sea salt, paprika, cracked black pepper and chili flakes if you like that extra spice. Spoon the walnut and maple syrup mixture on top of the salmon, any extra walnuts can be placed around the salmon and used for garnish.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 14-16 minutes (18 minutes if you like it well cooked). Once cooked, serve immediately or room temperature.
- Enjoy! P.s If you make this recipe, don't forget to share it with me I would LOVE to see Lisa x