Bircher Autumnal Muesli
Usually enjoyed at breakfast, this dish also makes a scrumptious dessert!
- 10 g pistachios whole
- 10 g almonds whole
- 10 g pecans whole
- 20 g sultanas
- 4 dried figs cut into small strips (remove stalk)
- 1 pink lady apple cored and grated (keep skin on)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 600 ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt coyo
- cinnamon sprinkle
- 2 figs quartered
- honey drizzle
- 2 pinches coconut sugar
- desiccated coconut handful
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rolled oats, cinnamon, grated apple, pistachios, almonds, pecans, sultanas and dried figs. Mix well.
- In a measuring jug, add the almond milk, agave nectar, and coconut yogurt. Beat together with a mini hand whisk or fork, then pour over the oats.
- Gently stir everything together, then cover and place in fridge for 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, gas mark 4, 180°C (160°C fan-assisted).
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper, place the quartered figs on the tray, drizzle with honey and 2 pinches of coconut sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then leave to cool.
- When ready to serve, place the bircher muesli in serving bowls, place the quartered figs, drizzle a little juice from the figs and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
LISA’S TIP - I love to have a big batch of bircher muesli in the fridge, it’s the perfect breakfast when you’re in a hurry. You can keep this in the fridge for 2-3 days. Be adventurous with your fillings, once you get the hang of making it. For cooler mornings heat the Bircher muesli on the stove for 2-3 minutes.