Banana and Tahini Muesli Bars
The perfect quick and delicious snack for at home or on the go, packed full of nutritious ingredients! They’re gluten, egg, nut and dairy free – and perfect to grab ‘n’ go or sit & savor!
- 350 g Delicious Alchemy Muesli (Red Apple Date & Sultana OR Berry with a hint of Cinnamon)
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 60 g coconut oil preferably odorless
- 60 g coconut sugar or your sugar of choice
- 90 g agave maple syrup or honey
- 60 ml tahini
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla bean pod
- 4 tbsp Mixed Seeds I use Tesco 4 Seed Mix which contains sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and flax seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F, gas mark 6, 200°C (180°C fan-assisted).
- Spray an 8x8 inch square baking tin with oil and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl mash two bananas until smooth (See LISA’S TIP).
- Melt the coconut oil, syrup, tahini and sugar in a small saucepan over a gentle heat until fully dissolved. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the mashed bananas and stir well.
- Stir in the vanilla paste (or seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean pod) and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine the Delicious Alchemy Muesli with the bicarbonate of soda and stir until thoroughly mixed
- Gradually pour in the liquid & banana mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-lined baking tin and flatten with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the mixed seeds over the top and gently press them into the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 mins until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and press down lightly on the mix with the back of a spoon so that it’s level and compact and leave to cool
- Once cold transfer it to the fridge to set.
- Cut into bars using a sharp knife and store in the fridge for a quick and tasty breakfast or afternoon snack.
LISA’S TIP - This recipe can be made using frozen bananas. Remember to freeze any unused ripe bananas in freezer bags so that you are always ready to make these quick and easy breakfast bars. Simply take the frozen bananas out of the freezer, place in a sieve to drain off the water and leave to defrost at room temperature for 30 minutes or so before mashing. These bars freeze well. Freeze them in individual portions so that you can grab one for an easy breakfast on the go! Alternatively, they keep stored in an air tight container for 1 week, kept refrigerated. This recipe also makes a delicious granola style cereal – simply spread the mixture over a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and bake until golden, remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cold, crumble the “granola” into a lidded container and keep in the fridge – fabulous eaten with milk, yoghurt or just on its own!