Baked Fish & Chips
- 4 cod loins (125g each), skinless and boneless
- 4 medium sized potatoes, cut in half lengthways, ends cut off, and cut into 1cm slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil, light in colour
- 40 g cornflour
- 1 large eggs
- 100 g cornflakes, crushed into fine crumbs
- sea salt
- white pepper
- peas, ketchup, vinegar, lemon wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F, gas mark 4, 200°C (180°C fan-assisted). Line 2 large baking trays with parchement paper or silicone baking mat.
- Rinse the sliced potatoes under cold, running water – this will help to release the starch – then drain and dry thoroughly with a clean tea towel or kitchen paper. Place the slices into a bowl with the olive oil, salt and paprika and toss well to coat thoroughly. Spread the slices out over one of the large baking trays, then pop them into the over for 50-60 minutes (depending on how crispy you like them), tossing them regularly to ensure even cooking.
- In a bowl mix together the cornflour, sea salt, white pepper and paprika. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and season with white pepper and sea salt. Spread the crushed cornflakes out over the surface of a large plate.
- Cut each cod loin lengthways into 3 or 4 slices, then dip each one into the seasoned cornflour, then the egg and then the corn flakes until they are all thoroughly coated. Place the fish onto the second pre-lined baking tray, then transfer to the oven to bake for 15 minutes, turning them over after 7 minutes.
- When making this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so either send me a photo to email@example.com or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood