Pan-Fried Salmon with Miso Glaze
- 4 salmon fillets skin on
- 90 g samphire
- 8 tbsp sweet white miso I suggest Clearspring Organic Japanese Sweet White Miso
- 4 tbsp agave maple syrup or honey (I suggest the Groovy Food Company)
- 4 tbsp water
- 140 g instant buckwheat I suggest Clearspring Organic Instant Buckwheat
- ½ - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Maldon sea salt
- Pour the buckwheat into a saucepan and cover with 390ml cold water. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes. Once cooked fluff up lightly with a fork. Replace the lid and leave off the heat until ready to serve.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil with a touch of sea salt. Add the samphire and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick frying pan add ½ - 1tbsp. oil and gently warm to a medium heat. Then add the salmon fillets flesh side down and cook for 6 mins on a medium heat until golden (reduce the heat slightly if the salmon is getting too dark). Sprinkle the skin side with a touch of sea salt, gently turn over and increase the heat a little and cook for a further 5 minutes until the skin is crispy and the salmon is cooked through. If you like your salmon well done see Lisa’s Tip.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, add the miso, agave and water to a small saucepan and warm gently on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Just before serving increase the heat a fraction to allow the sauce to thicken and reduce slightly.
- When ready serve the salmon fillets on a bed of buckwheat and samphire. Drizzle with the miso glaze and serve immediately.