- 400 g gluten-free oats sifted
- 100 g pistachios chopped
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 1 whole orange rind & juice
- 3 tbsp. coconut or rapeseed oil odorless
- 2 tbsp. date syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 50 g coconut chips toasted
- 4 tbsp. honey agave or maple syrup
- 10 medjool dates chopped, deseeded
- raspberries blueberries, coconut yoghurt or nut or seed milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, gas mark 5, 180°C (160°C fan-assisted).
- Cover a large baking tray with My Relationship with food silicon baking mat or parchment paper, add the sifted oats, chopped pistachios and desiccated coconut and spread in an even layer.
- In a small saucepan gently heat the oil, date syrup, orange juice & rind, then pour over the granola and mix together.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, check every 5 minutes and stir to ensure the nuts don’t over brown or burn. Bake until crisp and golden.
- Remove the mixture from the oven and drizzle over the honey, agave or maple syrup, mix up the granola and place back in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray, add the toasted coconut and chopped dates.
- Serve with cold milk or yogurt, topped with blueberries and raspberries.