Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Skillet
- 1 egg large
- 140 g rapeseed oil
- 180 g coconut sugar I’ve used The Groovy Food Company
- 150 g dark chocolate broken into small pieces (dairy free, no refined sugars) (hold back 50g for the topping)
- 200 g oat flour gluten free (I’ve used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 vanilla bean pod deseeded or 1 tsp. vanilla bean powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2-4 pinches of salt
- ice cream of your choice
- chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F, gas mark 6, 200°C (180°C fan-assisted).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg then add the oil, vanilla and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the oat flour and coconut sugar together with the baking powder and mix until thoroughly combined. Then gradually stir into the egg mixture and make sure it is thoroughly blended.
- Add 100g of broken chocolate into the mixture. Using your hands, form a big ball and press it into a 9” cast iron skillet pan (if you do not have a skillet pan, use alternative bakeware). Then press the remaining 50g of chocolate on top.
- Place in the pre-heated oven in the middle shelf and bake for 22-24 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Let the cookie dough sit for 10 minutes (you must wait the full 10 minutes, as the cookie with firm up) and then serve with your preferred choice of ice-cream, chocolate sauce and let the feast commence!