Brussels Sprout Chips
Wait, don’t turn the page – these chips are crispy, salty and have an abundance of Vitamin C.
- 400 g Brussels sprouts stems removed and leaves separated
- 10 g parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, gas mark 5, 190°C (170°C fan-assisted)
- Wash Brussels sprouts, trim the bottom stems and discard. Remove any wilted outer leaves and discard.
- Cut each sprout in half, remove loose leaves.
- Combine halves and leaves in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake 10 minutes stirring every few minutes to prevent burning.
- Now add the grated parmesan cheese and bake for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Now, aren't you glad you didn't turn the page
LISA’S TIP - The easiest way to release the leaves is to keep trimming the bottom stem as you peel away the layers. This is the most time consuming part, but once it is done, the rest is a breeze. If you find peeling the layers off too time consuming, you can simply cut in half through the stem and roast the same way, although you might need to increase the cooking time by 5-10 minutes. Top the roasted Brussels sprout chips with extra parmesan, and this is one addictive snack!