Acai Berry Bowl
- 2 inch bananas large ½cubes frozen
- 200 g unsweetened acai berry pulp frozen, Sambazon
- 100 g mixed berries frozen
- 2 tbsp nut butters of your choice optional
- almond milk a dash if required (to slightly loosen the mixture)
- kiwi peeled and sliced or chopped
- banana sliced
- strawberries sliced
- drizzle of honey maple syrup optional
- nut butter (optional) I recommend Pip & Nut
- handful granola optional
- Prepare acai purée: In a food processor or high-speed blender, add banana, acai berry pulp, frozen fruits of your choice (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries) Blend on low until larger chunks are broken down, then gradually increase speed, adding a splash of almond milk at a time if required (although if you like your bowls thick don’t add too much liquid) and stopping to scrape down sides of the food processor if needed. When ingredients have blended together and it’s nice and creamy, add nut butter of your choice (optional) blend on high for 15 to 20 seconds more.
- Pour acai purée into a bowl and arrange your desired toppings in stripes of their respective colour to form a rainbow: from left to right, arrange blueberries, kiwi, banana, coconut and strawberries. Sprinkle with granola and drizzle with honey (if using) and a drizzle of nut butter.
- If you make this recipe, don't forget to take a picture and share it with me - I would LOVE to see! Tag @myrelationshipwithfood and #myrelationshipwithfood or email firstname.lastname@example.org