- 1 Large eggbeaten
- 65g coconut oilmelted & cooled (I recommend using odorless)
- 65g raw tahini
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla pod deseeded
- 180g chickpea or gram flour
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2tsp baking powder(gluten-free if required)
- 65g dark chocolate chips (dairy-free) or milk chocolate (chopped or chunks)
- 1tsp. pure vanilla bean extract or 1 vanilla pod deseeded
- 1tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
LISA’S TIP - These cookies are what I consider to be my healthier chocolate chip cookies with the chickpea flour helping to boost the fibre and protein whilst the dark chocolate contains antioxidants.
You can also bake this mixture in an (oven proof) skillet pan as one extra-large cookie – it will take slightly longer but will mean you can serve it straight from the oven to the table.
You can make the cookie dough they day before and leave it in the fridge overnight before baking the following day – I like to do this when I’m entertaining guests and then serve the warm, freshly baked cookies to my guests with ice cream.