|1(900g) 2lbs Loaf|
- 2 large eggsbeaten well
- 4 ripe bananasskins removed & mashed
- 120g rapeseed oil
- 150g brown rice syrupor you can try a sweetener of your preference
- 2 vanilla podsseeds scraped out OR 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste/powder
- 100g brown rice flour
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 1tsp baking powdergluten-free
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2pinches pink Himalayan salt
- 60g pecansfinally chopped (hold back a small handful for the topping)
- 100g dark chocolate chunksfree from dairy if you want to keep this loaf dairy free, hold back a small handful for the topping
LISA’S TIP – Looking for a Banana Loaf with more goodness than the traditional versions? If so, then you HAVE to try this one!
A slice of this loaf makes a lovely breakfast – either on its own, spread with nut butter or served with coconut yoghurt and berries – but it’s versatile enough to also be a yummy snack or a divine dessert (try it warm with ice cream!)
If you’re following a vegan lifestyle, you can replace the eggs by 1 tbsp. chia combined with 3 tbsp. cold water, per egg substitute, and wait for about 5 minutes, until it becomes a gel. This recipe will call for 2 tbsp. chia seeds and 6 tbsp. cold water if you are replacing the eggs.
If frozen bananas are all you have then remove from the freezer, leave for 30-60mins to thaw, squeeze out any water and then you’re good to go! You will need about 240g thawed banana for this recipe.
This loaf will keep in an air-tight container at room temperature for about 5 days but it’s best eaten within a day or two!