To me Guacamole is more than just a dip! Everyone in my family loves homemade guacamole. When I make a batch and it gets devoured in minutes. I love to serve on toast with poached eggs and it goes perfectly alongside your choice of protein. If I am serving it as a dip, nothing beats scooping up this deliciousness with some plantain chips or crunchy tortilla chips. I’m sure it will become your new go-to when hosting for a crowd-pleasing appetizer or snack.
- 4 avocadoes, perfectly ripe (keep the stones, see Lisa’s tips)
- 2 tomatoes, (medium) de-seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp lemon or lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tsp sweet chili sauce (I recommend the brand blue dragon)
- 1/4 of red onion, finely chopped
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- plantain chips, nachos, pitta or crudité
- In a large mixing bowl cut the avocado until it’s about the texture you want (I like mine to have a bit of a chunky texture) I tend to use a fork and knife for mashing and then season with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Add the chopped tomatoes, coriander, red onion, lemon or lime juice, sweet chili sauce. Mix well, don’t overmix if you like it rustic, although if you like it creamier you can mix until its smooth, and then check for seasonings and then either eat straight away ok keep refrigerated.
- Serve with either plantain chips, tortilla chips or crudités.
- If you make this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so please either send me a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag@myrelationshipwithfood
LISA’S TIP – Hold onto to those avocado stones, as soon as you made the guacamole, and transferred to your serving platter or bowl, add the stones back on the top (just until serving, then remove) cover with cling film. This will prevent the guacamole from turning brown on top - if it does you can just scrape off the dark top layer before using it. If you like extra heat, you can add a few dashes of hot sauce or jalapenos, sliced and diced.