Chicken Curry Salad
Sometimes its hard to get through all the chicken from making a large soup, so this chicken curry salad is a great way to save on the waste and use up leftover chicken in a tasty way! This curried chicken salad is tender and creamy, and the exciting flavours come from the combination of curry spices combined with the sweet fruity chutney. Scoop it onto a salad for lunch or make a sandwich. Any way you serve it, you are in for a treat!
- 1 whole chicken shredded (leftover chicken from chicken soup recipe or you can just use a whole roasted chicken, see Lisa’s notes if you’re just using white breast meat – ensure all skin is removed from the chicken)
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 5 tbsp. mango chutney (I recommend thebrand Geeta’s Mango Chutney)
- 5 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. coriander, chopped optional
- sea or pink Himalayan salt
- white pepper
- salad or some of your favourite bread
- Using the chicken leftover from your chicken soup (or you can use a whole cooked chicken if you prefer – ensure all chicken skin is removed) carefully shred the chicken, avoiding any bones, then place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the garam masala and season with sea salt, herbamare and white pepper. Add the mango chutney, mayonnaise, onions, celery and coriander and mix well.
- Check for seasonings, as you might need to add a little something extra depending on your taste buds, and if you want more mayonnaise, feel free to add according to your taste.
- Garnish with extra coriander.
- When making this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so either send me a photo email@example.com or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood
LISA’S TIP – Whenever I make chicken soup, I use a whole chicken cut into 8 pieces, (see myrelationshipwithfood.com for the recipe), I then keep the dark meat for serving in the soup and I use the white meat for making this recipe. If you only use white meat as opposed to using a whole cooked chicken, you will only need the following: White meat from the whole cooked chicken (breast meat)- If using a whole chicken follow the recipe above. breast meat only ¼ red onion, finely chopped 1 celery stick, peeled and finely chopped 1 tsp. garam masala 2 tbsp mango chutney (I recommened the brand Geeta’s Mango Chutney) 2 ½ tbsp. mayonnaise 1 tbsp. coriander, chopped (optional) sea or pink Himalayan salt herbamre white pepper This curry chicken salad is perfect when you’re looking for a new flavour variation from a classic chicken salad. It’s great for lunches, picnics, or keeping on hand in the fridge for a high protein snack. I love to serve this mix in either a spinach egg wrap, rice paper rolls or rolled in lettuce wraps. It also great in crustless finger sandwiches.