If you’re looking to add some vibrancy to your meals, alongside essential nutrients, this beetroot relish is great. As a fantastic source of fiber, folate (vitamin 9), manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C, beetroot is a super plentiful and versatile option. Serve this relish with roasts, BBQ’s, burgers, as a part of a cheeseboard or on toasted sandwiches.
- 300 g raw beetroot (organic), peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 Echalion shallot, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 large handful fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt or pink Himalayan
- cracked black pepper
- A delicious and easy condiment to use with fish, tacos, burgers, fish, cheeseboards and more
- In a mixing bowl add the grated beetroot, carrot, dill, shallots, vinegar, honey and season with sea salt or Herbamare and cracked black pepper. Check for seasoning’s and then add the chopped dill. Give the salad a good mix then decant into a kilner jar or container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours so that the flavours infuse before serving, keep in the fridge and eat within a week.
- When making this recipe, I’d LOVE to see how you get on so either send me a photo email@example.com or post a picture to Instagram using the #myrelationshipwithfood and tag @myrelationshipwithfood
LISA’S TIP – If you’re looking to have a creamy texture feel free to swirl in a couple of tablespoons of either mayonnaise, sour cream, crème fraiche or yogurt. You can also add some extra dill and chopped spring onions for absolute freshness! And if you want some extra crunch walnuts and apple pair really well! It tastes great as a side dish served with meat, poultry and fish.