- 1 400g can green lentilsdrained & rinsed thoroughly
- 1 400g can cannellini beansdrained & rinsed thoroughly
- 2tbsp. sun-dried tomato oil from the jar
- 150g sun-dried tomatoesdrained and sliced
- 1 onionpeeled & finely chopped
- 1 leekrinsed & finely sliced
- 2 carrotstopped, tailed, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 200g black (or green) kale or Cavelo Nerotough fibrous stalks removed
- 2 vegetable stock cubes (gluten-free) or you can use 2 tbsp. herbamare salt instead
- 3pints boiling water
- sea salt or herbamare
- white pepper
- cracked black pepper
This is a wonderful hearty soup, packed with an abundance of tasty veggies and plenty of protein and fibre from the beans and lentils.
If you can’t find (or don’t like) kale or Cavelo Nero then feel free to use some fresh spinach instead – it won’t take as long to cook so add it just before serving.
If you want to make this soup even heartier then you can add some cooked, gluten-free pasta or quinoa just before you serve it – or even some leftover cooked rice if you have some to hand!
A little finely grated Parmesan (or dairy free alternative) sprinkled over the top when serving also makes for a delicious addition.