- 1 whole chicken
- 500g brown or white rice,(uncle Ben's long grain) washed until the water is clear
- 4 carrots, cut in half lengthways then slice into small pieces
- 1large white onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 16 reen olives, pitted and sliced
- 350ml pasta sauce, classic marinara(I use the brand Gefen)
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp tamari sauce, gluten free
- 2tsp honey
- 1pint boiling water(you might need a little extra throughout the cooking)
- 1 chicken stock cube, gluten free, dissolved in the pint of boiling water.
- sea salt and white pepper
- garlic granules
- ground paprika
LISA’S TIP: Start with the breast facing downwards, this will keep the breast meat more soft and succulent. Don’t worry at first if you think there is too much liquid, if you have a large casserole dish the liquid should just cover the chicken and the rice will absorb the water whilst cooking. You can also make this the day before, remove the chicken from the carcass and heat in a non-stick wok and serve as a dry risotto.